European RiskBridge Project Final Conference: Risk Governance and Policy Learning Within and Between Risk Fields
March 26 – March 27 2009
Scotland House, Brussels, Belgium
, Innogen Research Fellow
The Project Partners of a recently completed European Commission FP6 funded Project called RiskBridge are pleased to host an international, interdisciplinary conference on risk governance and policy learning within and across six important risk fields:
- stem cells,
- radioactive waste,
- climate change and
- electromagnetic fields.
The conference will appeal to practitioners within the various risk fields, scientists and social scientists interested in general issues around risk governance of complex technologies, and policymakers directly involved in risk management. Individuals working in the commercial sector and relevant NGOs will also find the conference programme directly pertinent to their work in these areas.
Key themes to be explored in the conference, through keynote talks, panel discussions and thematic workshops, include:
- Risk governance processes in national and international contexts
- Risk management from academic, commercial and public-sector perspectives
- State of the art risk governance and major policy challenges for stem cells, nanotechnology, radioactive waste, sediments, climate change and electromagnetic fields.
- Policy learning across risk fields and implications for international risk management.
- Transversal issues relevant to risk analysis: The role of systems thinking and adaptive governance